Most of us have already tried to have a dented garage door because most of the materials used in our garage doors are steel and aluminum.
These are the standard materials for our residential garage doors.
They might be low maintenance because of their durability, but they get easily dented.
The dents of our garage doors can be small and unnoticeable, but they can still be unattractive to our eyes.
That is why we are looking for a way how to fix a dented garage door.
If the dent is manageable, we can try some methods at home, but for our garage door restoration, we might need help from 305garage, a garage door service company in Miami that helps every garage door owner.
Determining the extent of the dent in our garage door
We can find tons of ways on how to fix a dented garage door.
But first, we must determine if our garage door panels are interfering with the closing and opening.
The assemblies of our garage door handle tremendous tensions, so we must remove anything near it that is important to us, for instance, our cars so before we try to open the door.
If our garage door doesn’t open, we can contact 305garage.
Not every garage door has similar methods in repairing.
Our garage doors made up of steel or aluminum can be fixed easily compared to the garage doors that use wooden materials.
A professional will advise us on the best method for improving our garage doors.
What do we need in fixing our garage doors that are dented?
Most of the materials we need to fix our own dented garage doors can be found in our storage, garage, or basement. If not, we can find it at local hardware near us. It is also better that we need to know how to fix a dented garage door.
- Aluminum foil
- Dishwashing soap
- Water Hose
- Compressed air
Before we begin our project, we must make sure that we have everything at home.
Steps to follow
- We fill our bucket with water and mix it with dishwashing soap. We want our water to be sudsy. We can wash the dented area of our garage door using a sponge. We must make sure that every grime and dirt is eliminated so that these methods will work. Then we can dry off the area before we proceed.
- Cover the area that is dented with aluminum foil. We should measure it first before cutting it.
- The compressed air and lighter should be near us. We then put the foil flush into the dented part so we can completely cover it. Keep the foil in place.
- Take the lighter. Move it where the dent is and cover the entire area of the dented part with flame. We should do this in a consistent motion for at least a minute. The detented site must be hot or heated.
- We can now remove the foil from the dented area. We can take the compressed air and hold it upside down. We then spray the affected area with compressed air for at least 30 seconds. The position of our compact air is essential for this is the cause for carbon dioxide being released. It is the crucial part for removing the dents of our garage door.
Should we do DIY?
If the affected area of the dent is noticeable or very small, we can perform this, but if we can see that our garage door needs repair or major retouch, we should contact the 305garage company for our garage door services.
To make sure that we don’t damage our garage door even more and make sure that we are safe.
Why should we contact professionals?
It is important to trust only the experts regarding any home repair to avoid significant damages over time.
Doing DIY at homes can cause severe injuries and can destroy our properties even more.
There are professionals in our local area that are available every day to help us with our problems and to do the work successfully.
It is easy to fix dented garage doors, but we should leave this to a professional to ensure that it can be set correctly and check if there are other things we should fix with our garage doors.